Chelation treatment is mostly utilised as a part of alternate medicine. It depends on the procedure of chelation, in which prescribed chemicals are utilised to evacuate metals and different toxic substances from the body. Despite the fact that chelation was initially used to treat conditions like lead poisoning, chelation treatment is currently known as a therapy that offers protection against heart diseases and other ailments as well.
In chelation treatment, a chemical solution is delivered into the body through an intravenous (IV) process.
When it goes into the blood circulation, the chemical solution ties to specific molecules, for example, metals or minerals, and afterwards expels those molecules from the body. Many specialists who promote chelation treatment state the by decreasing the abundance of lethal metals or minerals from the human body can upgrade their health and immunity to fight various illnesses.
The most widely recognised types of chelation treatment utilises a synthetic amino acid known as EDTA (Ethylene Diamine Tetra-acetic Acid). EDTA works effectively to expel substances, like, lead, copper, iron, and calcium from the body.
You should know that Chelation therapy is a medical treatment that’s performed by medically trained specialists and you shouldn’t try it yourself. The chelating agents used in the therapy are approved by the health department, but only available with a proper prescription. These agents are used by doctors in situations like lead poisoning or overload of iron in the body.
- Chelation Therapy & Its Uses
Chelation is known in the medical field as treatment that helps in atherosclerosis (which is the solidification of the arteries). As deposits of calcium are found in artery-clogging plaques, it’s believed that utilising chelating agents can re-establish proper blood circulation in the arteries.
A few specialists who promote this treatment also suggest that EDTA can work like antioxidants and offer protection against the harming impacts of chronic inflammation. With that in mind, this therapy is likewise used to treat osteoarthritis and other conditions related to inflammation.
Apart from that, Chelation therapy is also utilised by health practitioners to treat health problems such as:
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Peripheral artery disease
- Multiple sclerosis
This treatment is also linked with benefits like enhancing memory, cure diabetes-related issues, and help in recovery from stroke.
- Safety Concerns & Side Effects Related To Chelation Therapy
- Side effects related to Chelation therapy incorporate – nausea, loose stools, skin rash, low blood sugar, high blood pressure, vomiting, headache and diarrhoea.
- At times, chelation treatment may trigger genuine side effects, for example, damage to kidney and unusually low levels of calcium in blood.
- There’s some concern that this treatment could expel calcium even from the strong bones and different tissues.
- People having with kidney disease, pregnant women, and children shouldn’t go for Chelation therapy. Consult a renowned doctor to know more about this treatment.