Some Benefits Of Bio-Identical Hormones Therapy
by Laurel Scott
In some women, the levels of estrogen and progesterone drop notably due to menopause. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is given to these women as a treatment. You may have heard the names of hormones estrogen and progesterone in your science class. The levels of essential hormones are increased by introducing Bio-Identical hormones in the body.
When the menopause approaches, the levels of estrogen and progesterone drop. To reduce certain menopausal symptoms, some females may get benefits by boosting their hormone levels artificially. The release of eggs is stimulated by the estrogen hormone. When supply of woman’s eggs ends, levels of estrogen start to decrease.
How To Identify A Drop In Levels Of Estrogen?
Estrogen plays a crucial role in maintaining good bone density, skin temperature and regulates vagina’s moisture. If there’s a drop in levels of estrogen, then it may result in:
- Dryness in vagina
- Irregular periods
- Lower fertility rate
- Urinary Issues
- Night sweats
- Sleep problems
- Hair thinning
- Breasts become smaller
- Fat accumulation in the abdomen
- Hot flashes
- Difficulty in concentration and memory loss
These repulsive symptoms generally fade away in 2 to 5 years, except for vaginal dryness.
In some cases, the symptoms may even occur before the menopause starts (perimenopause). In such situations, supply of eggs in a female hasn’t completed instead they have just decreased notably, which can start a drop in hormone levels. This is the reason why, the woman will have regular periods and menopausal symptoms as well.
HRT estrogen is extracted from plants or horse urine. However, menopause treatment by using bio-identical hormones has more benefits over conventional hormone replacement therapy.
What Are The Benefits Of Bio-Identical Hormones Therapy?
Bio-Identical hormones therapy has been approved by expert doctors all over the world to achieve relief from menopausal symptoms, and osteoporosis treatment or prevention. The following are some advantages connected with bio-identical hormones therapy:
- Muscles functions are improved by Bio-Identical hormones – Various researches have revealed that bio-identical hormones improved muscle function in females, even the muscle fiber.
- Risk of heart failure and heart attack are reduced Bio-Identical hormones therapy– Scientist have found that women who get bio-Identical hormones not long after the menopause have a drastically lesser danger of heart failure.
- Bio-identical hormones therapy brings down mortality in younger postmenopausal females – A study conducted in America stated that bio-identical hormones without a doubt reduced mortality rate in females were affect ted by menopause early.
- Bio-identical hormones provide protection against brain aneurysms – another study found that bio-identical hormones decrease the danger of the development and rupture of brain aneurysms in females.
Bio-Identical hormones therapy should only be performed by an experienced and qualified doctor. It’s important to know every small detail about this therapy, before you decide to undergo it. Consult a renowned and expert doctor to know more about this therapy.