12 Ways Vitamin C Helps You To Stay Fit & Healthy!
How many of us know that Vitamin C is an excellent nutrient that helps in the treatment of diabetes, cancer and heart disease? Vitamin C has lots to offer and with Intravenous Vitamin C treatment, you can get high doses quite easily.
Here are top 12 ways how Vitamin C helps to keep your body fit and healthy. Have a look.
- Vitamin C helps to treat common cold symptoms. Various studies have clearly shown that vitamin C reduces the severity and the duration of colds.
- It’s an excellent source of natural cure for a wide range of skin problems. Vitamin C reduces the elasticity of skin, which results in the prevention of wrinkles sagging.
- It helps to heal wounds quickly. Vitamin C is needed for the production of collagen, so it is quite helpful in healing all types of wounds and speeds up the healing process.
- Vitamin C protects your brain and nervous system from the harmful or adverse effects of stress. It is needed for adrenaline and nor-adrenaline, which fight against stress.
- Vitamin C helps to lower the cholesterol in the blood. It increases the conversion of cholesterol into bile salts that can be easily removed from the body.
- Vitamin C helps to improve blood flow. During a heart attack, majority of the harm caused to the blood vessels is when the blood vessels fail to dilate and obstruct the blood flow.
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases and stroke significantly and has an amazing antioxidant property. It destroys free radicals which cause damage to the arteries wall and increase the risk of heart diseases & stroke.
- Vitamin C controls sugar levels in diabetes. Diabetic people can surely get multiple benefits from foods which contain vitamin C. It protects against diabetes complications by regulating blood sugar levels.
- Vitamin C helps in cancer treatment. A recent study had stated that a high-dose of vitamin C can increase the cancer-killing effect of medicines used in chemotherapy. Vitamin C can be a safe treatment for lung, ovarian and many types of cancers.
- It reduces the development of neurological disorders. Studies have suggested that increasing vitamin C levels may help in reducing the development of dementia and other neurological problems such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reduces breathlessness – A recent study stated that vitamin C helps to reduce bronchoconstriction, or narrowing of the airways, which is caused by extreme exercise and physical activity.
- Vitamin C not only plays an important role in improving your vision, but it also stops the development of cataracts significantly. Cataracts, in which clouding of the eye lens occurs cause blindness in older people. Vitamin C destroys all the free radicals which are produced because of direct exposure to sunlight.