Top Facts About Adrenal Fatigue
by Laurel Scott
In modern times, our daily routine has changed remarkably. Nowadays people are so busy in their lives that they have simply failed to identify the importance of a healthy lifestyle. Fatigue and lethargy have become common complaints amongst adult people.
You may be suffering from adrenal fatigue Syndrome, if you develop symptoms like fatigue, depression, anxiety, lethargy, arthritis, allergies, fearfulness, tiredness, insomnia, always feeling worn-out, difficulty in concentration, reduced memory, frequent influenza, and the inability to lose weight.
According to adrenal fatigue’s experts, the problem affects individuals who endure & continuous stretches of physical, mental or emotional stress for a long time.
- Here Are Some Facts About Adrenal Fatigue
- The adrenal glands are found on top of the kidneys
- Adrenal glands are affected by a number of disorders
- Adrenal glands are crucial for homeostasis
- Adrenal fatigue occurs when adrenal glands are overworked and they start producing too little hormones
- A few supplements meant for adrenal fatigue might be dangerous, so it’s important that you visit only an expert and qualified doctor.
- Tiredness, salt craving and loss of body hair are often termed as the alleged symptoms of adrenal fatigue.
- Major Function Of The Adrenal Glands
In the human body, there are two adrenal glands and they’re located on top of each kidney. Cortisol and aldosterone are produced by the adrenal cortex, which is the outer section of the adrenal gland. Adrenaline and norepinephrine are produced by adrenal medulla which is the inner section of the adrenal gland.
A number of vital tasks are carried out by these hormones, such as:
- Managing the “fight or flight” response which is related to stress
- With glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids it regulates salt and water balance
- Indicates the beginning of sexual maturation and manages its progress through puberty
- Maintains pregnancy
- Maintains metabolism, including blood sugar levels and inflammation management
Here is a list of most common symptoms you’ll find in a patient suffering from adrenal fatigue.
- Unexplained weight loss
- Skin discoloration
- Loss of body hair
- Craving salt and sugar
- Dependence on stimulants such as caffeine
- Problem in trying to sleep and waking up
- How To Diagnose Adrenal Fatigue
Some expert doctors, who are well known for curing adrenal fatigue, suggest that blood samples should be taken or “stimulation” tests should be conducted to find out whether or not a person is suffering from adrenal fatigue. There’s not a specific way to diagnose this illness and doctors use different types of methods and tests to determine if a person has adrenal fatigue or not.
If you think that you’ve developed symptoms that indicate towards adrenal fatigue then immediately visit an expert doctor to get proper diagnosis and treatment.