Chronic fatigue syndrome also referred as CFS is usually an illness which occurs without a known cause, though it can be related to a former infection. Chronic fatigue syndrome is a health condition of chronic exhaustion that occurs without any clear explanation for many months. It is accompanied by cognitive problems (health issues with short-time memory or concentration). You might be suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome if you’re facing these below mentioned health issues.
- If a person has extreme chronic fatigue for more than 6 months or longer time and all other identified problems that might be the reason behind this problem have been excluded by your expert doctor.
- In case you simultaneously have 4 or even more of these signs or symptoms: sore throat, common issues with short-term memory or focus, changes lymph nodes, muscle mass suffering, suffering in a number of joints with no swelling or redness, headaches which are unique in occurrence or severity compared to previous headaches, feeling tired and unrefreshed even after having a sound sleep, and serious tiredness that keeps troubling for more than one day after you do physical exercise or exert your body in any physical work.
- CFS has an effect on tens of countless men and women in Australia. It has been noticed by expert doctors that this health issue occurs more among women compared to men.
- This affliction occurs commonly in young and middle-aged people. Those with chronic fatigue syndrome are sometimes not able to conduct even ordinary tasks at the office and home on account of their long-term exhaustion and issues with shorter memory. This may result in depression, but depression has no role in causing chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Signs And Symptoms
- Fatigue: Individuals who are suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome have to face constant and long-term fatigue (this might last for an even a longer time than six months up to 12 months) that cannot be defined by other disorders. Individuals with chronic fatigue syndrome might have experienced a previous infection. They might be exhausted and ill during the infection, so the fatigue and exhaustion continues even after the individual has recovered from that specific illness.
- Cognitive Challenges: A standard grievance of individuals suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome is that they have issues with short-term memory, and simply fail to remember anything for a very long period of time. Those who are suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome may have problems obtaining or saying a specific phrase or word through usual speech (known as dysnomia or verbal dyslexia).
- Fatigue After Sleep: Those who are suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome often report of fatigue even after sleeping for many hours.