Vitamin C plays a crucial role in providing many health benefits such as slowing down the aging process, maintaining blood pressure, supporting the immune system, relieving stress and restoring energy in a human body. Search online, if you are looking for an expert doctor who provides treatment for intravenous vitamin C.
Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid. This vitamin is soluble in water and easily gets flushed out if becomes excess in the body. You must be aware of the fact that vitamin C is crucial for our health and it also contributes highly to your immune system.
- Free radicals are neutralised: Free radicals are not considered good the body which keeps on creating them constantly. These cause cells to mutate, damage the immune system, contribute to ageing and diseases such as Alzheimer, Parkinson’s, cancer and many more. Free radicals are caused by pollutants, diseases, toxins and a poor digestive system.
With the help of antioxidants, our body can resist against free radicals and vitamin C is one of the strongest biological antioxidants. It also helps to regenerate the antioxidants that are already present in the body such as vitamin E. It not only helps in getting rid of the harmful free radicals, but also provides support other antioxidants to work effectively.
- Immune system of the body is strengthened: IgA, IgM, and C3 are three important elements present in the immune system. Here, “Ig” stands for immunoglobulin. These three immunoglobulins protect our body from bacteria and viruses. These IgA antibodies are located in the openings of a body such as the moist surfaces of the mouth and act like a defence system.
IgM antibodies start acting whenever harmful content enters the body and bring in reinforcements. Complements are other components present in the immune system and these provide aid in destroying antigens. C3 is considered as one of the most vital of the complements. The concentration of these components is raised in the blood stream by vitamin C. This implies that the effectiveness of these three immunoglobulins is increased by vitamin C.
- Helps in killing viruses: Vitamin C is considered as an effective and safe treatment for different types of viral infections. It not only helps in the treatment, but can also prevent such infections. The procedure of the treatment can be of two types which are either oral supplement or intravenous.
Many doctors strongly recommend that you should take the required doses of the vitamin C, the moment you feel the illness is starting or is at its initial stage. Since a body cannot store for long, therefore a number of doses should be taken throughout the day the body automatically flushes out the excess amount which is not being used. Vitamin C helps to shorten the length of a viral illness and lessen its severity.
Few other functions of vitamins C are:
- It aids the body’s production of a natural antiviral compound known as interferon
- Helps in destructing harmful bacteria, viruses, tumour cells and toxic materials.
- It breaks down prostaglandins and histamines that are responsible for causing inflammation
- Helps prevent or cure arthritis
- Helps in maintaining blood pressure
- Helps in protecting against the adverse reactions vaccine
- Increases the production of vaccine-stimulated antibodies
- Helps in recycling the cholesterol which is required for nutrient transport